You know when you want to add a new program to camp or change up a current program to make it more intentional, but cannot seem to find the money?
Camp people are innovative people & we constantly want to make camp better for our campers. However, the struggle to find the resources to do so is real!
That is why we created Mid States Innovates.
Mid States Innovates is a grant program hosted by Mid States and ACA Illinois that allows camps to pitch new and creative or innovative programs for a chance to secure a $1,000 grant for implementation this coming summer!
*Restrictions and limitations apply.
Application deadline is February 3, 2019.
Rules and Guidelines
- Applying camps must be an ACA Accredited camp
- Innovations must benefit campers
- Camp/Individuals must be registered as a participant of the Mid States Camp Conference either via group or individual registration.
- No camp associated with ACA Illinois Staff or Contracted Vendor or Exhibitor/Sponsor will be eligible to participate.
- Prizes are awarded to camps, the prize is a grant and does not fund individuals.
- Funds cannot be used for operations/capital outside of the project.
- Program Innovation must be able to be fully funded for $1,000. Budgets submitted or project ideas that cost over $1,000 will be disqualified.
- By entering, both the individual completing the application and the camp allow ACA Illinois to use their images, text and ideas generated on the application or during a presentations (including video) on the ACA Illinois or Mid States Camp Conference social media, website, video and print materials. Credit for ideas and projects will be credited to the source/creator/copyright owner.
- The person or camp who is entering has no claim on revenue generated through the promotion of this program or photos taken during the presentations by the ACA Illinois photographers.
- ACA Illinois has the right to cancel this program at anytime prior to the final prize announcement.
- ACA Illinois is not responsible for lost, stolen, damaged property or time related to this project.
In order for Innovations to be considered they must:
- Focus on campers, not staff
- Address a current societal or camper problem, deficit, or need.
- Innovations are not meant to supplement existing programs/operations
- Each presentation must include a budget, the mission statement of camp, and goals/outcomes of innovation
- Total innovation implementation should be $1000.
- Grant does not apply to property maintenance or salaries.