You know when you want to add a new program to camp or change up a current program to make it more intentional, but cannot seem to find the money?
Camp people are innovative people & we constantly want to make camp better for our campers. However, the struggle to find the resources to do so is real!
That is why we created: Mid States Innovates.
Mid States Innovates is a new grant program hosted by Mid States and ACA Illinois that allows camps to pitch new and creative or innovative programs for a chance to secure a $1,000 grant for implementation this coming summer!
*Restrictions and limitations apply.
Check out our
Rules and Guidelines
- Applying camps must be an ACA Accredited camp
- Innovations must benefit campers
- Camp/Individuals must be registered as a participant of the Mid States Camp Conference either via group or individual registration.
- No camp associated with ACA Illinois Staff, Board Member, or Contracted Vendor or Exhibitor/Sponsor will be eligible to participate.
- Prizes are awarded to Camps, the prize is a grant and does not fund individuals.
- Funds cannot be used for operations/capital outside of the project.
- Program Innovation must be able to be fully funded for $1,000. Budgets submitted or project ideas that cost over $1,000 will be disqualified.
- By entering, both the individual completing the application and the camp allow ACA Illinois to use their images, text and ideas generated on the application or during a presentations (including video) on the ACA Illinois or Mid States Camp Conference social media, website, video and print materials. Credit for ideas and projects will be credited to the source/creator/copyright owner.
- The person or camp who is entering has no claim on revenue generated through the promotion of this program or photos taken during the presentations by the ACA Illinois photographers.
- ACA Illinois has the right to cancel this program at anytime prior to the final prize announcement.
- ACA Illinois is not responsible for lost, stolen, damaged property or time related to this project.
In order for Innovations to be considered they must:
- Focus on campers, not staff
- Address a current societal or camper problem, deficit, or need.
- Innovations are not meant to supplement existing programs/operations
- Each presentation must include a budget, the mission statement of camp, and goals/outcomes of innovation
- Total innovation implementation should be $1000.
- Grant does not apply to property maintenance or salaries.